Week 9 Los Lagos

12:19 PM

Hola Familia y amigos!

   The days are long but the weeks are so short. I am not sure if that is possible but its the truth.Its like a time warp.
 Well something so special happened. Hermana Gardner and I had the opportunity to see one of our investigators, Gladys, be baptized. It was so special. And yesterday she was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Wow. It is so amazing because this choice will affect her, her future family, her ancestors and others.She is from a strong catholic family.It is humbling to see someone have so much courage to make a choice like this when their family does not share their same beliefs. She is excited to make the 11 hour bus ride in June to do baptisms in the temple! 
     The language is coming slowly but surely. I can understand a lot more and speak a little more. Oh this is funny! We talked with someone in English this week!  And it was soo hard! Isnt that fun:)! I am stuck somewhere in between English and Spanish. My companion and I speak only spanish and so English is a little hard haha it was so funny! 
 I am amazed at the amount of patience I have to excersize  each day. But this week I as I really turned to my Heavenly Father in every weakness or trial I felt His love. He knows what we are going through in every moment. He is by our side every moment we ask Him to join us. That doesnt mean He will take away a weakness or a trial because I think that would be the opposite of love, but He is cheering us on saying okay go a little further, say a couple more words.  For one of the first times that I can remember I felt a real grattitude for trials and for my weaknesses. Its like our weaknesses bind us to our Savior Jesus Christ. They are a constant reminder of our need for a Savior. Its not like I am walking around  waiting for a trial because I enjoy it however, its comforting to know that when they come, we can do it. If we allow it we can be changed a little more into the person Our loving Heavenly Father knows we can become. I know that we can have a relationship with our Heavenly Father through prayer and through knowing the character of His Son Jesus Christ because He does all things after the will of His Father. A true knowledge of our identity and the identity of our Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are so so so(x100) important in our lives. 

All the food I ate this week was pretty normal haha no more  cow hoofs haha no Chile is pretty normal and I learn to love it a little more each day. Oh yah! I learned that stretching in public is rude haha. Yesterday in Sunday School a sister was giving an answer and she started to yawn and stretch her arms and every one  kind of  gasped and got  uncomfortable. I was like uh what did she do because to me it was normal . Haha she got really embarrassed and said sorry. My companion explained to me what happened. Its interesting how in cultures social norms change haha. That is one of the  important things I learned this week :)

 Well, you are all just great. I am serious thank you for your letters and prayers. 
 I am just happy to know you all!
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images