Week 10 - Los Lagos

9:26 AM

Okay! 

It was Easter Sunday or El Domingo de Pascua. Have you all seen the Prince of Peace video? It is incredible! We have been using it as a way to talk with more people. Yesterday during Relief society one of the sisters gave a really good lesson on The Resurection. There is a story about President Hinkley when one person asked him " What is the symbol of the Lds religion?" because many churches have the cross, or the mother mary. He told them that our symbol is the members lives. How special is that? It is very true. As a missionary I am realizing more and more that the great message of the gospel is that we will live again.
We should always remember the death of Jesus Christ because it along with His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemene was the most unselfish act ever performed ever. However the miracle is that He lives! He did rise again on the third day! 
This is the whole point and it is so amazing. Our Savior Jesus Christ is central to every part of our Heavenly Fathers Plan. When we make him the center of our Life we are living the Plan of Happiness! 
I dont remember where I heard this but there was a time in Joseph Smiths life when he said that his purpose as a prophet was to testify that Jesus Christ lives. I love this because yes this is one of the reasons we have Prophets and apostles on the earth today. And I know that on my plaque the most prominent name is Jesus Christ. But its not just, general authorities and missionaries that represent and testify of Christ. We all can. 
I have been thinking a lot this week about this and came to the conclusion that I should testify of Jesus Christ not only because I am a missionary and that is part of my calling. I should testify because I know I am a child of God that can live, learn and progress because of my Savior Jesus Christ. Being a missionary just gives me more opportunities to do so. 
We can all testify of our Savior Jesus Christ in how we act, what we say and what we do! Isnt that so special:)! 
Well we went to Paillaco to help the missionaries with an activity called a Capilla Abierta or Open Chapel. Its where the chapel doors are open and the missionaries go out and invite people to come into the church for a tour. In the cultural hall we had posters set up of basically the first lesson. Hermana Gardner and I did 3 tours so basically we taught the first lesson completely 3 times in a row! It was so cool! Haha it was like a test because I could see what I could teach well and what I lacked. At first I thought "yeesh I dont know how to teach a lot of the points" but then I thought "teach from what you know and the rest will come" I went with the latter thought:)! Once I started to just teach simply from what I could I knew I recieved help. I am starting to feel better with the lessons which is good. 
We had a really sad experience this week. One of our investigators Luciana, her dog got hit by a car and we happened to be walking down the street when it happened. It was so so sad. Nobody knew whose dog it was, but we did so we were the ones that went to her house to tell her what happened. We had felt like we needed to walk down that street at that time so we did. They had to put it down because it was hurt so bad. Her kids were really sad. But it was a small miracle that we were in the street at the exact time because we were able to help the people figure out whose dog it was.  I know its just a little thing but I am grateful the Lord puts us where we need to be even if it is something small. 
I am thankful that we have the truthfulness of the gospel on the earth today. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that we should every day pray that our testimonies can be strengthened. Once we recieve a manifestion from the Holy Ghost something is true it is just the starting point of a life long nourishing of that truth. Even if we know the Book of Mormon is true we can continue to ask in our prayers for that testimony to be strengthened like Helaman 5:12
Well, thanks for reading my emails each week! I love being able to share with all of you what is going on down here in the South of Chile!
Love you all!
Hermana Ashlyn Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images