Imagine a Catchy Title :)

2:02 PM

So I am running out of subject headings for my emails can you tell;)


This week was great! It seems like there is so much to do and so little time to do it. I am loving working as a missionary here in this sector. The people are doing great. The branch is awesome and they are helping us with the missionary work. Its hard to get people to come to lessons with us but they give us a ton of references so thats good:)

We worked to get everything ready for the baptism yesterday. We were locked out of the church for 3 hours ( the missionaries arent given keys) so we had to wait for a member to come and open. The baptism was almost canceled but at the last moment they came! Then the hot water wouldnt work so we had to fill it with icy cold water and then boil lots of hot water! It was an interesting day!
But in the end Matias was baptized. I wish I could explain everything that happened in order for him to be baptized but it would take a lot of writing and I dont have time. So I will fill you in when I get home someday! 
We found new people to teach. We are working with a lot of people from Haiti. They are so humble and receptive. 
Pia and her family are doing great! We had a good lesson with them on Friday about the Book of Mormon. 
That is the news from here. I have been taking up the invitation given by President Nelson to highlight and read every verse cited in the topical guide under Jesus Christ and the sub headings. It has been so amazing. Its like the scriptures are a very personal biography of our Savior Jesus Christ and through study and prayer we can come to know Him. 

I love you all! I hope you have a really special week:)
By the way found one of my new favorite things from Chile! It is watermelon with toasted flour on top! It is so good! I will show you all one day! 
I know that the church is true and the Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that people can change through faith and repentance. 
Love, Hermana Egbert

Matias got baptized! It was a complete miracle!
Also the hot water wasnt working so we had to boil a ton of hot water and pour it into the font





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images