Week 11 - Los Lagos

9:10 AM

Hi Everyone :)

 I love writing you all every week because I feel like I learn things as I think about what I want to share with all of you. I dont feel like I have a profound experience to share this week other than  I just know God loves His children. I know He is our Heavenly Father. I know we can go to Him in prayer. Prayer is the biggest anchor we can ever have in this life. 
I think in learning all the lessons and the language I started getting really caught up in format or structure of how I need to say something or when but I am starting to realize it is a little different. 
This week I started to notice a change in my teaching. I started tying everything I said to the Savior Jesus Christ. I realized I needed to do this when people would refer to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as "your church" or as missionaries we would say in "our church" I know that its not what is meant when we say this but I started really defining this as the church of Jesus Christ. If people of the world see the members as The church they might falter when they see us mess up or make mistakes. If people can know for a surety this is the church of Jesus Christ then they will know His church is perfect and its members are not. 
Everything ties to Jesus Christ. It is why we really do try to become like Him. I am learning more and more that any voice, or person that says it is impossible to one day become like our Savior is incorrect. We really can strive to become like him. I know that it is only through Him that this is possible. 
For the past 4 months I have been studying the character of Christ everyday in the Book of Mormon. I have noticed that the more I know about Him and His purpose the more I desire to follow Him and also to invite others to know him. 
One very important piece of the gospel is Endure to End meaning becoming like our Savior will very well continue into the next life but I do not think that is a surprise. We are on the right path when we choose to follow Him. Elder Holland said in a talk that "the crowning characteristic of love is loyalty".
The work is going well. It is so special to see Gladys in the church every Sunday:) She is so happy to be a member of the church and she will start temple prep classes soon. 
Just know that I am so grateful for all of you. Before the mission when someone told me " I am praying for you" I didnt really know what it meant or if it even effected me. I know a little more that it is possible to feel strength from prayers others are giving in your behalf.

Also we went paintballing this morning for the p-day activity. I did not even know that was allowed haha! So I was a little skeptical at first haha but it is so we went and as the man was explaining the rules I could barely understand.Basically,  I just hid behind a tree with my comp and shot at whatever I could see as everyone in the zone was talking in crazy fast spanish. It was pretty funny:) 
Love Hermana Ashlyn Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images