English, training and dogs

11:47 AM

July 31, 2017

Hi!

Good ole family and friends! 
On Tuesday my companion Hermana Rojas left to her new sector the legendary Los Lagos! I am not sure it is legendary but I loved my time in that sector;).
Okay. On wednesday I recieved my new comp fresh from the Mexico MTC. She is so sweet and ready to get to work. I am so grateful to have a new missionary as my companion. Even though the language is a challenge for her she adds so much to the work and companionship. She is excited about being in the mission and just so kind. Its strange speaking in English again after almost 2 months of pure spanish. 
We have been searching for new people to teach and teaching the investigators in this sector. Sometimes I really dont feel cut out for training. I still struggle to communicate sometimes but I have found myself relying a whole bunch on the spirit. 
Yesterday a woman named Claudia who hasnt come to church in years came with her daughter who is now investigating the church. Claudia served a mission about 30 years ago. Her daughter is 13 and really excited to keep learning. 
Last night my comp and I had the special oppurtunity to teach a lesson in English. It was a mini miracle for my companion. It was incredible and we will be going back on Thursday!
I think this week was about remembering that this is not the work of Hermana Egbert and Hermana West. Missionary work is about inviting other to Come unto JesusChrist. So who better to direct this work than the Savior Himself. I know that as we all focus on Christ we are walking in the right paths. This week we have planned each day and at about 3 our plans are over because the people havent been home or the appointments fall through. As we prayed and kept going we always ended up in a home of someone else and in the exact place The Lord needed us to be. I have thought a lot about the story in the New Testament about the young Father that went to Christ with his sick son and asked for him to be healed. Christ said anything is possible for those with faith. The young Father said "Lord, I believe help thou my unbelief". I feel like that father sometimes who is asking for a miracle but needs help with his Faith. We need to have faith in Jesus Christ but he will help us in our times of doubt. He is the "author and finisher of our faith". 
Thank you all for everything you are doing. I know with all my heart this is the true church upon the earth. Jesus Christ is our Savior. 
Love You! 
Sister Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images