Would I allow the Savior to wash my feet?

12:30 PM

Hi everyone!

Sure love you all!
So this week was really amazing. I mean that. I am begining to feel less stressed and its is such a blessing. I am really able to feel the spirit more and be myself. 
So whats with the title heading?
This week I watched the bible video where the Savior washes the feet of the disciples and I was really touched. The question came to my heart of "Would I all the Savior to wash my feet?" Think about it. Different people give different answers. 
Do you know what I would have said honestly at the beginging of my mission? No way. I can do it. That would be so akward, and He has a lot of better things to do. I did not get it. I did not understand what the Savior was doing. 
It is such a beautiful symbol. Jesus Christ was not just washing the feet. He was teaching His disciples the most valuable lesson they/we can learn. It is to allow Jesus Christ to clease us. Whether we are unclean from something we did such as sin or we are unclean just by living in a fallen world(weakness, transgresson, sickness), EVERYONE needs Jesus Christ and the cleansing power of His Atoning sacrifice. "Are we not all beggers?" 
Jesus Christ invites all to Come unto Him. As simple as it sounds it is sooo hard. It is hard to be humble and allow the greatest one who ever lived upon the earth come down to our level and help us. 
Guess how we practice allowing the Savior to love and serve us? We allow others to love and help us. 
In the church we focus so much on helping others, serving, consecrating but how much do we all others to serve us? If your like me I would much rather serve than have others serve me. But as I have accepted help from others I have been able to accept the love my Savior has for me. 
My companion and I have been surprise showing up at members homes we feel we should visit. We ask them what we can do to help? They say "nothing hermanas, dont worry." We tell them we are not leaving until they give us something to do. Each member we visited had a need. Some we litterly grabbed the broom and started sweeping. When they saw we were serious they started giving us stuff to do. It was great and in the end they explained how they feel awkward being served but they do need help. It opened for a great discussion about our Saviors love. 
So, my invitation. I have two.
1. Pray for someone to serve. When the name comes to mind go without delay. Insist on serving them. 
2. Allow someone to serve you this week. If the missionaries come to your home and ask if they can vacume your floor, hand over the vacume and then ask them to wash your windows! Haha. But you get the idea.
I know you will really feel the love Jesus Christ has for you. He know each of us. We are to serve and to be served. 

So many other fun great things happened. Love you guys!
Jesus Christ is our Savior, friend, Healer. 
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images