Can You Believe It's Been 3 Weeks??!!

5:30 PM

Hola! 

This week has been one of the fastest of my entire life! It has also been one of the busiest. We learned so much this week I didnt actually know that much learning was possible. There is so much going on it is almost funny. We learn the language, the scriptures, how to teach effectivley, how to teach with the spirit, how to fill out reports and forms, how to make and keep goals etc.. But it is all so great. 
This week we learned a lot about the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion. It is essential. For our conversion as well as investigators. We did a lot of practice teachings in how to present the Book of Mormon. Befor I came on my mission I was so nervous about just randomly teaching people but it is actually wonderful! I get so excited to share the message of the Book of Mormon. 

We started TRC on Saturday- I have no idea what it stands for- but it is when we teach members or investigators that volunteer to come to the CCM to be taught by the missionaries. Hermana Barton and I taught a member who was babtized 1 month ago about faith and how we can continue to strengthen our relationship with Heavenly Father through prayer and scripture study. The spanish was choppy because he knew very little english so the whole thing was in spanish. 
The next person was a "investigator" so I thought but here is the quick story
He has so nice and funny. He had a tattoo on his arm and a nose ring so I got nervous because I was like "its a real investigator" but then I remembered oh wait I am a real missionary ( i have been the ccm to long haha). So we teach him a lesson about faith and the spirit was so strong. We taught him briefly the doctrine of Christ 2 nephi 31 and then I asked him he had faith in Jesus Christ, he said he did. My heart was racing and I look over at my companion and gave her the "should we invite him to baptism look?" she had tears in her eyes and said smiled so I invited him. He said that he usually says no but that this time he felt different. That he didnt want to give an answer until he had time to think. 
Okay so I am sure he is not a real investigator probably a member playing the part but still it was an incredible experience. I loved teaching with my companion and having the Holy Spirit present. It is not all about the baptisms at all it is about the change people make in their hearts. Baptism is essential but so is the change in their hearts. 

I can promise that my heart is changing. My love for the Savior is increasing. My heart burns with the desire to share the gospel so I try to work my hardest everyday in order to  be ready when the time comes. 
Sorry my emails have typos. This is being typed a spanish keyboard so its all a little different. 
Love you all! Think and pray for you! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images