The In's and "Out's" of the CDC

3:30 PM

Hola Familia y Amigos!

See that spanish? Pretty crazy!
First of all, Thank you all soo much for your emails it means more than I can say! I opened my email this morning and was so overwhelmed with happiness!!! I just am so grateful for each one you! That is the real Ashlyn talking not just some Sister missionary trying to be sweet. Haha I am still very much me. I laugh about the same things, get worried and nervous occasionally and it is all great! I blessed to be in a companion ship and district with people who laugh with me. We just went to the Mexico City Temple. It was beautiful. We got to go outside the wall. Haha the CCM is surrounded by a huge wall with barbed wire. We havent quite figured out if it is to keep the bad people out or to keep the missionaries in. Still up for debate. When we got on the bus the Senior Elder said "Dont stick your arms or head out the window or else you will lose them..." he was being dead serious. People here drive crazy!

This week has been great but also hard. We are teaching a new investigator (our teacher) the first lesson went great and the spirit was so strong. He accepted to baptism. The next lesson...well he didnt keep any commitment and it was just a hard lesson. I couldnt speak in spanish very well and it was just hard. Then comes the third lesson. I had this wonderful scripture about faith picked out and we were so excited to share it... well he starts reading in El Libro De Mormón and he looks confused- spanish is hard for me but in the scripture its harder...so i wasnt sure what he read but it didnt sound like the same scripture I looked at the reference and lo and behold I gave him the wrong scripture so instead of him reading a scripture about how to nourish our faith he read about Destruction being thrust down to the bad place. Yup. I was so embarrased. Oh well it all worked out. Kind of a funny experience but also super awkward. Im grateful these lessons are hard here because it will be more like this in the field. And you just keep going knowing this is the Lords work and he has promised to direct my path and all of our paths as long as we put faith in Him and work dilligently.

One of the best earthly things about the CCM is they have nutella in the Cafeteria so nutella toast is something I count as a major blessing. I am serious. It is fun to see how little things can just make us happy:)

Okay so three things I am so very grateful for and want to share with all of you this week are
The temple, Family and the Book of Mormon

The Temple- I was there today and although it was closed so we couldnt do a session, the spirit was so strong. I love the temple with all of my heart and have missed it so much however I realized that at my time in my life I am helping with spreading the gospel to the living so that people can experience the blessing of the temple. Both doing work for the dead and missionary work are spreading the lords work on the earth and I have a testimony of both

The Family- Oh family how I love you(and friends) 
The Family is a major reason I am on a mission. I love my family and I want others to experience the joy the gospel brings families. The family is central to the Lords plan. It is the whole point. I know that families are not perfect but we all try and that is what the Lord expects. I know our family is eternal and that Heavenly Father is aware of ALL of you. He loves you more than you know. I know the Family is of God. 

The Book of Mormon- On Sunday they showed us a video call " How rare a possesion" I was touched by the message that the Book of Mormon is a true gift from God. I love and respect the Book of Mormon. I know that we can do as it says in Moroni 10:4-5 and know it is true. But do not stop once you get an answer, discover the Book of Mormon over and over! I know that when we read from it everyday we are given protection and safety. Life will not be easy but it will be manageable and joyful! I testify that when we read from the Book of Mormon we are reading the word of God. Whether we read from the war chapters or the Allegory of the Olive tree we can find answers to questions because we are in a state of mind where the spirit can clearly speak with us. The Holy Ghost is the greatest companion we could desire to have with us. He will lead us in truth. He is a member of the God Head. He is the same spirit that spoke truths to the hearts of prophets in the scriptures.

Sorry for the long email I just have so much to tell you all! Have an amazing week! I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you for your prayers and support! I know that this church is true and my testimony grows all the time. 
Love 
Hermana(Ash) Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images