Week 5!

12:33 PM

Hola! 

Okay so basically I have been keeping notes all week of things that happened I want to tell you about! Ill start with Sunday

On Sunday there was a really cool experience where the branch presidency gave all there talks in Spanish. They are speaking faster since it is our 5th week here... well I had such a hard time understanding his spanish! So I just tried to focus on my feelings- meaning I tried to listen to what I was hearing in my heart from the spirit and not all the words the speaker was saying. It was amazing. I felt the things I needed to hear. The language of the spirit is so strong and when we try to tune into it we can learn things because the spirit is the true teacher!
Sunday is just a great day so there is a lot about it!
Week 3 we had a MTC presidency change. President Tenorio finished his 3 years here so Presidnet Bennet from Bountiful Utah came. He is amazing! We all learn so much! Well we had a lesson on the priesthood and they specifically made sure hermanas and Elders were taught this lesson together. I realized how much the priesthood completely blesses my life every single day. Many of the things that are most important to me come by way of the Priesthood- eternal family, the scriptures, fullness of the gospel, temple and baptismal covenants, patriarchal blessings, the sacrament and missionary callings. The priesthood involves worthy men to bear and excersize the priesthood and worthy women who understand and support the priesthood. I am so grateful for the priesthood on the earth today. 

So that night we had a lesson taught by Pres Bennett about faith and repentance and wow! I love the CCM because it is comparable of BYU to BYU hawaii, it is very small (about 300 missionaries)
so get so much learning with the presidenct with great discussions. Its a joke in my district that I participate a lot. Not many Hermanas talk because there are so few of us but I just get so excited about what I am feeling and learning that I raise my hand to speak haha. 

Every Sunday we sing Hasta Ver- God be with you till we meet again to the departing missionaries (That is me next week!) So we have a rule no whistling, humming or singing that song because we are just a little sick of it but we all know when it comes time for us to leave we will all cry during it so...we have mixed feelings about it. 

Speaking of leaving... I leave the CCM in 10 days! I have been here for a month today. Crazy but completely exciting! The CCM services a lot of missions but mostly Mexico and the United states. Its pretty uncommon to meet someone going to a different country. There are 6 missionaries in this 6 week transfer going to Osorno chile! Hermana Dougle and Hermana Romey. Then 3 Elders. One of the Elders in Elder Oldroyd he was the kicker for the BYU football team fall 2015 (dont worry Dad I dont hold it against him haha) We will all fly out together. It is a farther distance from here to my mission than Alaska to Mex! Crazy! 

Tuesdays are great because its devotional! Elder Canstenados spoke he is an area seventy here. Funny story on Monday he stopped me and my comp on the way to class and talked with us and we had no idea who he was but he told us to memorize a certain scripture in D and C then left. We did and we constantly remid each other the scripture just in case he stops us and asks us to recite it! He got us to speak on Tuesday and we realized who he was.

I am in the CCM choir and I met the cutest Hermana from HOnduras. She let me practice my spanish with her and was patient! I love meeting people from all over Latin America. I am out of my comfort zone all the time but that is where the learning happens! When I am getting a too comfortable I know it is time to step out and practice spanish.
Hermana Barton and I were called as Sister Training Leaders on Monday. So we will be doing that for two weeks! Kind of a short time but really fun and a great experience. 
Last thing! We had a world wide training conference! It was a broadcast from the church admin building on temple square. It was with the Missionary council- Elder Oaks, Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson, Sister Oscarson and a couple members of the seventy. 
They announced a change in the mission sched. 
-Missionarys go to bed a 930 now for extra sleep
-P day is 8am to 6pm with no language or comp studu
-lunch is30 min. 
-There is no designated time to do things we are asked to make our schedule accoring to our needs so 10-9 we are supposed to language study, proselyte, eat, comp study and plan we decide when
-Planning happens in the morning 
Also there are now only 4 key indicators and not 9 so thats cool
It was a great broadcast! I am grateful they trust missionaries to use there agency to be effective missionaries and for those that use it correctly I think it will be a huge blessing.

Well sorry for a super long email! But I had so much to tell you all! We are going to the temple to do a session and I am so excited! The temple has been closed for cleaning but it opened this week so we get to go! 
Love you all! Thank you for your support and prayers! I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today. I know that as we listen to his council it can personally help us in our lives and in our testimonies. I know that God knows each of His children by name and His purpose is for us to find true joy and to live with Him again someday.

Love Hermana Ashlyn Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images