Los Lagos Chile - Week 6

1:06 PM

Family and Friends!


This week was short and long...if that is possible. It is getting so cold in the mornings because it is fall here. In Chile they dont have heaters it is all wood stoves! Every family is getting their wood supply delivered for the winter. 
We have a wood stove in our little house so every morning we make a fire. Guess who gets to chop wood? Me! Its pretty fun. I thought it was a joke at first but no we really get an ax and wood and chop it to make kindling etc. Pretty cool.
Also today we went fishing with an investigator who lives in Antilhue (20 min from Los Lagos)
Not many women fish here I guess haha so they were all pretty impressed I knew how to fish and cast haha thanks to Dad and many trips to the windrivers ( the whole time I prayed I wouldnt catch a fish because i didnt want them all to see me squeal when I had to take it off the hook...my pray was answered..we caught nothing phew!) How crazy is that? I was fishing in the South of Chile this morning. Life is funny. 

We had a branch activity on Friday. President and Sister Isom came. It was focused on the Book of Mormon. This was really cool because since my first Sunday here in Los lagos Hermana Gardner have been working so hard with the Branch. It was a lot of work to get it planned and all together. It made me have so much more respect for all the leaders that always worked so hard to make things happen in my wards at home. 
We had 25 people come! That is A LOT for here! 
I always get nervous for Sundays because everyone is talking in spanish and  I just cant really understand. So I was nervous for this activity because I knew I needed to talk with people and that I had to present the activity all in spanish. Hermana Gardner and I said a prayer before the activity together and then I said my own personal prayer that I would recieve help in understanding the people and that when it came time for me to bear my testimony I could do it with confidence. Well we went into the auditorium and I just thought "Well, here I go" and I seperated a little from Hermana Gardner so I was forced to talk with the people and it was great. It wasnt very scary and they were patient with my spanish and talked slow with me. When it came time for me to explain the instructions I did it and the people followed them I was shocked they knew what I was saying haha. I am mostly grateful for the very end when Hermana Gardner and I bore testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know with all my heart when we read from the Book of Mormon every day we are protected and remember our Savior more. In my Junior year of High school my Bishop challenged the youth to read from the Book of Mormon everyday. I felt that I needed to follow this counsel . I am grateul I chose to do this then because not only has my testimony grown in the Book of Mormon and my Savior but it has prepared me for this specific area in my mission. I am grateful for the blessing and challenge of serving in Los Lagos because its hard but also in someways easy because I know the Lord has me in this little town for a reason.
Investigators!-
Luciana is progressing! She is keeping her commitments and she is praying for an answer about her baptismal date. I love seeing the promise in Moroni 10 prove itself with our investigators as well as me and everyone! If we read and pray about the Book of Mormon we will recieve an answer! 
Gladys- She has committed to being baptized however we are still discussing a date. She is 25 years old and has been so prepared for the message of the gospel!

Well I am almost half way through my training, we have zone conference this week and transfers next week! 
Wow. I am almost at my 3 month mark. 
Thank you all for your prayers. This week I had a couple tough days where I remembered family and friends at home who I know are praying for me and other missionaries. It really helps thank you!
Until next week! 
Also here is my plug for missionary work! If you have the oppurtunity to go to lessons with missionaries please do it! It helps so much when the investigator sees a member and hears their experiences and testimony!
Love Hermana Egbert
p.s. sorry for typos the keyboards are different here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images