Los Lagos -Week 7

12:14 PM

Hola Todos!

 This week was good!  
 We had a family home evening with family Carrillo. They are pretty amazing! We had an  investigatore there. Her name is Nicole and she in13 years old. I felt a little home sick because it  made me miss family home evenings but its all good:).I taught them  how to play the fruit game where you cover your teeth and cant laugh while calling out another person in the room! So funny!

Okay, so Preach My Gospel is so so amazing! I   have been studying out of it more and it is about the about the best (book ) resource a missionary can have besided the Book of Mormon. As I have been reading  from it more and applying what I learn to our lessons and investigators there are  pretty big changes. There is a section   in ch. 10 labled Listen- however this is pretty cool. In the spanish version it is Escuche which is the command form of the verb to listen. It just helped me notice how important it is to listen to the investigator and to the spirit in lessons. As I have really made the effort to listen more and talk a little less there is so much more learning for the investigator and myself.

This week in preparation for her baptism we taught the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity for my first time. I personally always thought it would be awkward to teach these lessons but as we prepared for them and I thought more about their importance I started understanding that these lesson are so special and important.As we taught and listened, I asked Gladys "why do you think God asks us to keep these commandments?" She said simply "because it is all part of His plan for us."   I was so touched by her response and I felt a reconfirmation  of why  God gives His children commandments. He has a plan that is so much greater and better than we can see as humans. As we keep His commandments we are actually made free.  I am  grateful that I am learning new things along with the investigators and that I get to be taught by the spirit as well.  Its like when I am testifying /teaching of principles or doctrines I recieve confirmations or reconfirmations of their truthfulness. 

We talked with Lucianas husband about the gospel this week. It started as more of Him telling us why He doesnt believe God  but ended with Him saying He will listen to our message. I dont remember all that happened in the conversation but it was really amazing because we have been praying for an oppurtunity to talk with Him. 

 We had a stake activity in Valdivia. It was for the Relief Society. The theme was pioneers. So on Saturday evening in a small church building in the South of Chile there were faithful chilean women dressed as Mormon pioneers. There were talks and testimonies shared on how the   pioneers had blessed their lives. As I was sitting in the auditorum looking around at all the bonnets, aprons and smiles I was so touched that the church has reached here! That the gospel has reached all corners of the earth. Pretty amazing. Hopefully I can send a picture.
I really hope you all have a great week! 
Love, Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images