Choose to Believe

5:18 PM

Hola,

 This week has gone by so fast I dont even know how to explain it. Each day I would hear the alarm clock go off roll out of bed say my prayers and the next thing I knew I was back on my knees at night going to bed. 

We had such a good family home evening this week with one of the members! Familia Urrutia. They are great! We taught them the restoration and the spirit was so strong. It basically turned into a testimony meeting. We started out teaching and each family member started to share their feelings about the Restoration and what it means to them. At the end before we asked the 21 year old son said "Hermanas I have a friend I would like you to go visit". Wow! Its amazing. As people are reminded of their testimonies and as the spirit touches their hearts they have a desire for others to experience the same "change of heart".

So my companion and I left with a new idea. We are going to each members house and we are going to teach The Restoration. But its better we are going to help them feel comfortable in sharing the gospel. We started to reflect on what we did in the MTC for 6 weeks. We Practiced. Practiced and Practiced some more!! Its hard to share the gospel of Jesus Christ at first, even if we are willing it is hard to know how to go about it. So we decided to do practices with the families in the branch. 
On Saturday my companion and I did a practice. She was the non member friend and I was a friend who  shared the gospel with her (we were putting ourselves in the members shoes). It was such a special experience. I wish I could explain it all but I had my companion  write down a question and it was my job as her friend to figure out what was the question and then use the Book of Mormon to help answer it. 
 We will see how it goes this week :) 
Zone conference is tomorrow! I am so excited!! 
I feel like lately I have been wondering what faith is. Faith is exactly what the Book of Mormon says it is:) The witness comes after the trial of your faith. Dont be scared if you dont know sometimes. Dont ever stop asking. Heavenly Father will answer your prayers as many times as you kneel down to pray. If you ask a question and the answer doesnt come while you are on your knees that is when you can excersize your faith:) before you get off your knees tell yourself that you believe it and then get up and keep going. The answers ALWAYS come and while you wait patiently, the Holy Ghost will be your companion. 
The Book of Mormon is true. I know it is. I choose to believe it is true everyday. It is the fruit of the Restoration. 
President Thomas S. Monson said "If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true—and I solemnly testify that it is—then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

Please never stop reading the Book of Mormon. If you feel you need a reminder of its truthfullness, get back on your knees and ask and you will recieve. If ever your testimony feels weak...bear it:) as you bear the simple truths of the gospel with others, the Holy Ghost will enter your heart and will tell you its true:)
I love you all! Keep smiling!
Love, Sister Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images