When I Didn't Think it Could Get Any Colder

8:38 AM

Hi!!!:)

Okay so this week was really good. Zone conference is about my favorite thing! This is a very special mission. There have been a lot of miracles happening and even though the mission stretches over 1000 miles it is very united. 
So knowing transfers were coming up I was planning that my companion and i would be staying in Los Lagos, she would finish her mission this coming transfer and I would stay for one more. OH was I so off. We recieved a call from the AP last night and my companion will be staying in Los Lagos and I am being sent to Punta Arenas( very southern tip of chile). My companion will be Hermana Rojas from Argentina and we will be opening an area called El Estretcho (the stretch:) ).
 My whole time here people always talk about how cold it is in Southern Chile but after every complaint of the cold they say "but at least we arent in Punta Arenas " haha that was comforting until now haha:)
No it will be good and cold. Its not possible to drive to Punta Arenas and stay in Chile because of Patagonia. So I will take a 5 hour bus ride to Puerta Montte  then a  2 hour flight to Punta Arenas. Its about 1000 miles from  Los Lagos. I felt like I opened my mission call all over again. 
 I am so sad to be leaving Los Lagos. I was here exactly when I needed to be. I am so grateful for the transfers and companions I have had. Its true that as soon as we start to get comfortable, its time for another challenge:)
This week we were teaching the mom of Gladys and Nicole. So many miracles have been happening with this family. I dont want to leave. I dont know how I grew to love these people so much. I will miss the branch members that were so patient with me as I started here and all the investigators. 
Well, love you all a lot. I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time and I am so grateful for the knowledge that we all have of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know this is His church upon the earth
I want to finish with a quote that I know to be true
"The joy that we experience in this life has very little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the FOCUS of our lives" -Pres Nelson
 When Jesus Christ is the center of everything we can be happy. We can be in the deepest trial and still find a reason to hope because we have a Savior. The best thing about the truths of the gospel is that we can testify we KNOW them to be true, with the understanding that we are going to know them even better as we try to live them and bear testimony of them. 
Thanks for all you do!
I sure am grateful for all of you. 
Love Hermana Egbert
P.S. I attatched a map of the Osorno Mission so you can see. My area will be number 11 down at the very bottom 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images