Dolphins, ensigns, El Libro de Mormon

2:45 PM

Hi!

I love Punta Arenas so much. I really feel at home here with the people and the area.I have been able to actually communicate with the people and understand them. I do not know how to explain the culture down here. Half the time I feel like I am in a classic Brittish novel or watching downton abbey by the way people act ( makes no sense but its the only way to describe it)  I love being able to talk in spanish all day everyday with my companion.  
I saw dolphins today out in the straight and I almost started to cry because dolphons are the next best thing to whales;) It is such a random thing but being able to see the ocean everyday is a huge blessing.
My companion was so sick this week:( so we were in the house for 4 days. She is doing better now and we are excited to get outside to work. I think I will leave Punta Arenas with my hand permantley formed in the shape of holding a pen. When we do contacts we catn wear gloves because we need to write. But after about 20 minutes its fine because they go numb so I cant feel the cold anymore haha...but seriously:) 
I am coming to know a little more every day that Heavenly Father answers prayers. When we pray for something with the companionship of the Holy Ghost we can have confidence in knowing that God with answer in his timing and His way. We need to keep working, trust a whole bunch and keep the commandment and "All things will work together for our good"
We have a literal Father in Heaven. He loves us more than we know. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Jesus Christ knows exactly what we experience because He HAS experienced it before. He knows how to succor his people.
Love you all! Have a really good week!
Love Hermana Ashlyn Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images