Love you all

11:48 AM

August 7, 2017

Hi everyone,

So I just heard about Curt. I just wanted to write my letter about trials today. 
1 Peter 1:7
6.Where in ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations.
7. That the trial of you faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. 
I love this scripture so much. In the foot note "temptations" translates to trial or opposition. So we are being INVITED to greatly rejoice even in the "seasons" or times we pass through trials. 
Why should we rejoice when we feel we have every reason to feel sorrowful or angry?
Verse 7 says that the trials we face are much more precious than gold because they change our faith. The trials we face have the ability to change our hearts and increase our faith. It says in verse 7 "be found unto praise and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ". When Jesus Christ comes again we will need to recognize Him. Trials and challenges give us an incredible oppurtunity to turn to the Savior and Know Him better. 
I know this is true. Some things on the mission have been hard. I have had to completley turn all I had to the Savior as if  my life depended on Him,which it does. I know with all my heart that one of the most prominent ways our Heavenly Father shows His love for us as His Children is through allowing us to pass through trials. He loves us so much. He sent His son Jesus Christ to die and suffer for all that we pass through in this life and then he ressurected on the third day. I know that God has a plan. He knows Curt. He has a plan for him. 
" The Will of God" - Elder Christopherson


I am so grateful for all of you!
This has been a good week full of miracles here in Estrecho. Miracles will start coming your way. I know it! I love you all! I am here in Punta arenas Chile praying hard for all of you. 
Have a really good week! 
It will ALL work out. 
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images