Punta Arenas round three!!!:)

11:55 AM

September 4, 2017

Hi! 

Wow another week has passed and what a week! First off, I will be staying with Hermana West to finish up her training and we are so excited! We both love this sector so much! I am so excited to stay with the investigators and the work that is happening here. This transfer will be 9 weeks instead of 6 because President and Sister Isom have a conference in Argentina. 

This week was a lot of opening my mouth and trying to speak with the people, whoever would give us enough time to listen. Contacting this week was actually a lot of fun. My companion and I made a goal to try and discern what the people needed so we could share according to their needs even if it was a 30 sec to 1 min encounter. It was incredible how the work changed. We found that if we were willing to be lead by the spirit He would let us know very quickly what that specific person needed and then gave us the words to say it. Every conversation was tailored to the individual. 
Jesus Christ lives! This is His work. And this work will not be stopped. It will only keep progressing. I have been realizing more and more that when me or my companion are praying that we will be lead to the people who are prepared, its less the peoples hard being changed and more our hearts being changed. Prayer litterally aligns are will and desires, with the will of Our Father in Heaven. 
Last night we had a lesson with Mariana and Diego. They are a young MARRIED! couple 22 years old. ( big deal for Chile). Anyways. We have been teaching Mariana and she has been reading the Book of Mormon. Last night Diego joined the lesson with a lot of interest. He does not believe in God. My companion and I were teaching about the Book of Mormon and invited them to read and pray to know it is true. Diego asked a super key question. He said "why would I go searching for more knowledge when I feel like my life is going well and I am happy?" 
He was sincerely asking to know why were inviting with such conviction. He wanted to know the why. I had to stop and think for a second or a minute. I wasnt sure how to answer the question in the way He needed to hear. So as I pondered and prayed in my heart to know, it came that we needed to teach about eternal families. I asked him if his family was important to him. He answered yes. I asked if his marriage was only for this life and he said yes. I asked if he knew for sure that he could be with his wife and future children in the next life and he said no. My companion then explained that this was the peace and happiness the gospel of Jesus Christ could bring him. It will bring him knowledge and surity that he can be with his family not only for this life but on into the next. 
We talked about Alma 32 and invited him to experiment. To take this quesiton to Heavenly Father in prayer and to read the Book of Mormon. He accepted.
When we were ending we invited them to a kneeling prayer. Mariana looked at her husband a little  hesitant and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "well I am willing to give this a try"
The spirit was very present and I am grateful to have been there to experience it. I felt so strongly in my heart that as long as I have the spirit with me,  I can invite any one at anytime to read the Book of Mormon because it is litterally impossible to read the Book of Mormon with an intent to know of its truthfullness and not recieve and answer.
Thats a long one but I felt I wanted to share this experience with you. When we are called to do something from our Heavenly Father, He makes us enough and gives us the spirit so we can complete with what He sends us to do. I am not a super bold person and being in random homes teaching or talking in the streets in spanish is not something I thought I could do. Yet Heavenly Father qualifies those He calls. It is the same for each of you in your certain callings whether it be a calling in the church or in the home. Have confidence in your Heavenly Father, Savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit because they have all the confidence in you!
Love you all and have a great week!
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images