Fun story

12:31 PM

Long letter...
Guess what?! I met a man who served in the Viña del Mar mission when Grandpa Egbert was Mission President!
So its a sweet story. This older couple came to visit the Punta Arenas stake. They are head directory of EFY here in Chile. They live in Valdivia Chile the zone I served in my last sector, Los Lagos. 
Well they stayed with Bishop Jimenez, our bishop in Estrecho. So they came to church yesterday. Only 15 people came to church. There are 7 wards in punta arenas so pretty cool they came to our ward. Well I shook his hand but He didnt see my name tag. I spoke in church with my comp. And then after he came up to me and said, " you would happen to know Archibald Egbert? I told him he was my grandpa. He just kept shaking my hand and through tears told me Grandpa was His mission president. That this man had heard President Egberts grandaughter was in this mission and He had been determined to meet me. When He heard I was in Los Lagos about 4 months ago he drove an 1 hour and a half to meet me but I had been transfered. 
He didnt know I was in Punta Arenas. When we talked He told me all about Grandpa. About how his life was changed because of the things Grandpa taught him as a missionary. That his whole family are members and how Grandpa affected his life. 
Its was a special experience. I felt like Grandma and Grandpa Egbert were so close by. 
Well miracles do happen. 
I love you All!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images