Villarrica :)

11:43 AM

Hi!
 So I made it! Two days of traveling, 1 airplane over patagonia, 3 different buses and Im here. I absolutley love Villarrica and my new companion Hermana Hill. I miss the investigators and members but I feel really good about this area.

Funny story. It is sooo hot! I get to wear short sleeves everyday and tights are a thing of the past woohoo! I actually got sunburned! I am so grateful for the sun. And there is no WIND! 
A couple nights ago we were outside and the volcano was erruptting a little bit. There was lava spurting out which is crazy. The volcano is huge and there are wild flowers everywhere. 

This week has been fun meeting all of the investigators and members. Hermana Hill is doing great. She is leading the sector for the first time so she is a bit nervous but she is doing awesome. 
We have been able to teach quite a few people and its amazing how fast a companionship can become united. The lessons have been pretty fluid and its so fun to teach with Hermana Hill. 

We are teaching a man named Sebastian. He is really likes how the gospel is very focused on families. We taught about the Book of Mormon and invited him to be baptized. It was a special lesson. He had so many questions. I know that Heavenly Father has been preparing him. 

Matias is 13. He has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. He wants to be baptized but his parents wont give him permission. Its sad but they let him come to church. We will keep praying they will let him be baptized.

Our mamita ( the member who gives us food everyday) is a bit crazy but she is a sweet heart. Just very full of energy:)

Yesterday we contacted a man who started telling us all these awful things about Joseph Smith, the doctrine etc. We tried kindly leaving but he kept talking. We patiently waited until he was done. At the end he asked why we didnt argue back etc. I really was just waiting for the Spirit to tell me what to say. I felt to just testify. I shared him my testimony of the restored gospel, so did my companion. Then I felt prompted to promise him that there are NO lies in the Book of Mormon. That God loves Him and wants him to listen to our message. The man said that so many missionaries have passed by his house and he is sick of it. My companion pointed out that maybe its because Heavenly Father would like him to listen to the message. We gave him a christmas card and wished him a Merry Christmas. I am so grateful for this experience. I am grateful Heavenly Father helped me see this man as someone who was searching the truth, instead of my initial natural man thoughts that he was acting like a punk. It strengthened my testimony of many things. First of the Book of Mormon, and second that God calls young unexperienced youth to do his work not because we are full of knowledge, wonderful speakers etc, but bc He knows that if we allow Him, we can be instruments in His hands. 

Well this has been a crazy week! But one of the best. 
I am grateful to be on a mission during Christmas time. Sure I miss everyone but I know I am where I need to be so others can have these same blessings in their lives. 
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that the Book of Mormon is a testament of who He is.
I love you all!
Hermana Egbert


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images