The Windy City-Punta Arenas

8:50 AM

Hey Everyone!


Well it has been a pretty good week! On Tuesday we had exchanges with the Hermana Leaders (we have 2 every transfer) Its 24 hours with one of them in their sector. I went with Hermana Sosa she is from Columbia. We had a really good time and were able to teach some lessons. 
We taught one woman about the Holy Ghost and how to listen for His voice so we can recieve answers. It was one of the most guided lessons I have every been a part of. When Hermana Sosa and I left we both felt like we had learned a lot in that lesson. Its weird to think of learning in a lesson when as missionaries we are supposed to be teaching. However the point is to learn how to let the spirit use us to teach the investigators. There is a big difference when I am teaching, and when I am teaching with the spirit. When I am teaching with the spirit I always learn a lot because things are coming to my mind and heart to teach the investigators. 

Hermana Rojas and I are working with a couple of great investigators. One is a Juan, he came to church with us last week and we have been able to teach him a few times. He is struggling with the Word of Wisdom but is willing to keep working at it. Maite is the sister of a recent convert. We invited her to baptism and she accepted. She is great and we will keep working with her and helping her prepare! 
This Sunday I gave a talk on *drum roll* MISSIONARY WORK! Haha every other week we are asked to speak and the topic is always the same which is good but I am not sure why they even tell us the tpic:) I tried to change it up a little so the members didnt feel it was the same "Hey we are ALL missionaries so get to work!" which I is partially true but also not super effective. I spoke about the story of Enos. That first we need to experience our own personal conversion and then we WILL recieve the desire to help others. It is very true. As I build my relationship with my Father in Heaven and understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ better, the more I want others to have the knowledge of the Gospel.
 
I know that we NEED to pass through hard things. Trials always help us understand someone else, or at least draw closer to the Savior so we can testify stronger of Him.  

I will be sending some pics your way in a few.
I love you all a lot. I know that Heavenly Father hears and sanswers. I know that enduring brings blessings but enduring WELL brings miracles. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for the sins and pains we are feel and experience. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been restored upon the earth once again. I know there is power that comes from partaking of the Sacrament every sunday to renew convanents we have made with God. As we stand as witness of Jesus Christ we will have the promised blessing of the Holy Ghost with us through out the week. 
Thank you for your prayers and examples!
Les quiero mucho y gracias por todo. 
Hasta la proxima Lunes
Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images