12/11/2017

11:08 AM

12/11/2017

Alright!

Another week. I have been writing these fun emails for a year now and I hope you are all still reading them.... ;) 

So much happened this week! I will just bullet point:)
1. Pia and her family came to church! She is 9 and wants to be baptized. Her mom, dad and brother are all inactive members. We had a special lesson with them this past week. We were able to help them make a goal to be sealed as a family before the end of 2018. Hermana Hill and I were able to promise them that they could make that goal as a family as they did the basics of reading the scriptures daily, praying individually and as a family, and attending church. When they walked into church yesterday while we were singing the opening hymn I couldnt stop smiling. The members were so welcoming to them. I loved expressing to this family how much Heavenly Father loved them and wants them back. It strengthened my testimony of eternal families. 

2. Matias is awesome! We had a lesson with him on Saturday that felt like a complete failure after. But he came to church yesterday! And he was so different. He was sharing his testimony with us. After church he said that he cant wait to one day be an Elder. Like a missionary! We asked why and he said that he wants others to know about the Book of Mormon and how much it changed his life. He said that its okay even if he has to wait until he is 18 to be baptized, he will be baptized. He is a great example to me and to the branch members. I remembered that like always the conversion will not happen while my companion and I are teaching but rather after we leave and the Holy Spirit speaks to their heart. 

3. Camila is quitting smoking. She is completely turning her life around so she can be baptized. It is amazing to see people stop life long habits in order to be worthy of the Holy Ghost. 

Those were three great things that happened this week. I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time and in this place! I am grateful for each hard day, moment of stress or anxiety because they remind me to turn to my Savior in each moment.Our weaknesses can be such a blessing because yes, in time they will someday become strengths but while we patiently continue on, they can be our greatest ties to Jesus Christ. They are a constant reminder of the need for a Savior. 
 I hope everyone is excited for Christmas!!! Woohoo! 
Love you all!
Hermana Ashlyn Egbert

Hermana Hill and I

My watch tan in just one week. Woah

Pucon is thenorthern tip of our mission about a 20 minute bus ride. There are two elder there

The Volcano

Branch family night. I had them play the balloon game and they loved it. 

Branch family night. I had them play the balloon game and they loved it. 

Our cute investigator Fidelina. She is working with alpaca wool to knit with.
We decorated the relief society presidents christmas tree. Their trees are so little here:)

Carne de caballo is horse meat. I think my face says it all. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images