Miracles 1-15-2018

1:10 PM

1/15/2018

Hola!

How are you all!? 

It has been a really good week. I said goodbye to Hermana Hill on Tuesday ( that was really sad:( )and recieved my new companion on Wednesday!. She is so great! Haha I was planning not to speak a word of english because I knew she was from Argentina. To my surprise she speaks fluent english! Wow. She speaks in english with me and I speak spanish with her! We both are learning that way :)  She is tiny, like 90 pounds and 5 ft. 
I feel like a giant next to her and all the chileans!  Haha and she has an obsession with fruit and cream! We have eaten strawberried with cream everyday of this week. I need to stop! 

She is 29 and super excited about the missionary work. When she told me she was 29 I was a little nervous to how I could help train a missionary older than me, but its been going good.

We were able to see so many wonderful miracles this past week. Pia is doing great. We had a lesson with her family about tithing and fast offerings. The spirit really helped them understand the importance. This family is so important to me. I can just feel Heavenly Fathers love for them each time we teach. The Dads heart has been so softened. At first he wanted nothing more to do with the church, but now he is remembering the testimony he once had and helping teach his children. 
They showed up early to church! I was playing piano prelude music when they walked in and I could not stop smiling. 
We just found out that our investigador Matias is now part of the other branch here in Villarrica. I was so sad when they told me because it means we wont be teaching him any more but I know that it doesnt matter. Its all the same work and he will do great in the other branch. 

I wanted to share a cool experience that happened with a new investigator. The elders from the Conepcion south mission called with a reference for us! They have been teaching a man named Ernesto. He has been progressing a lot and would like to be baptized. He just moved to Villarrica. We met up with him for a lesson on Saturday. We started talking and he mentioned that he is struggling to find a place to live. In Villarrica is a tourist city and so all the houses only rent by day, not by month. We decided to say a pray and ask that we could find a room for him to rent by month. After the prayer we contacted the relief society president and she called around. With in 20 minutes we found a room that was for rent up the street from the church. The relief he felt was evident on his face. We then shared with him the scripture in Mormon 9 about how God is a God of miracles. We said a prayer of thanks and then he went to go look at the room and sign the contract. 
It was a testimony to me of how God hears the prayers that we offer up in faith. I was the one who said the prayer and I really tried to believe Heavenly Father would hear it. I know that Heavenly Father answered our prayer because he loves His son Ernesto and is aware of Him.
Being a missionary is so cool. We can meet with complete stangers but have such a special connection because of the message we share. 

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and complete:) I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. Tithing is a special commandment that instantly brings blessings. 

Love you all! Have a great week 
Hermana Egbert


Hermana Rosales and I 

Of course, the volcano :)

Pia and her family

An investigator, Antonio making baskets!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images