12/18/2017

11:10 AM

12/18/2017

Well I never thought I would be sunburned and eating watermelon at Christmas time! Definitley not complaining. I know something really funny happened this week I just cant remember right now...haha next week I guess. :)

This past week was great. Hermana Hill and I were so tired yesterday when we entered the house. It has been a ton of walking and teaching. There are a lot of people to be working with which I love. It keeps us busy! Everyone here is getting ready for Christmas! They all love hearing about our Christmas traditions in the United states. I told a lot people about how in my family we always do Breakfast for dinner on Christmas eve, a lot of members are going to do it this year for a change:)
Its really fun and special being a missionary at Christmas time. Many people are searching for peace. 

I love this scipture found in Isaiah and 2 Nephi 19
 For unto us child is born, unto us son is given; andthe government shall be upon his shoulder; and his nameshall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God,The EverlastinFatherThe Prince of Peace.

I really like that one of Jesus Christs names is The Prince of Peace. He is the author of all peace and I know that He gives it freely. I also know that to feel peace we need to know the absence of peace. Our trials, sickness, unhappiness help us understand that grand gift that peace is. I am really grateful for the gift of Peace. The gift of Jesus Christ. Remembering His humble birth and selfless life gives me the strength to teach these people. To try and forget my self a little more each day and give all I have to spreading the good new of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Can I ask a favor:) For Christmas all I want is an email from everyone who can :) And in it could you all share your favorite scripture about Jesus Christ? It will be fun to read them on Christmas day. 
I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
Love you all!
Hermana Egbert


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images