12/26/2017 1 Year as a Missionary!

11:10 AM

Hey guys!

It was fun seeing some of the family yesterday! Haha it went so fast because there are so many people and so little time! I was pretty sure I wasnt going to cry this time because as much as I love my family I havent been too homesick during my mission. Oh boy was I wrong. The moment I saw mom on the screen I started to sob. Well so much for being a tough guy :) 

Well last week we were able to be involved in a lot of concerts in each of the sectors of the zone. It was really fun! On Christmas Eve we were given permission to stay out until 11 wow! We were at a members home. To celebrate Christmas here they eat a lot of Lamb and other meat. We ate at about 10 at night, usually they have christmas eve dinner at midnight but they ate "early" for us. 

It was a very different Christmas but I liked it a lot and I am glad I got to experience a Christmas as a missionary. The people have been much more open to hearing the gospel! We have been able to find a lot of people to teach which is fun. 

On Saturday, Hermana Hill and I went to an orphanage for girls to sing for them and give them some stockings. We were asked to bear our testimonies with them and it was so special. I just knew that Heavenly Father loves them so much. He allowed Hermana Hill and I to be instruments in helping them feel His love. 
Love you all so much! Have a great week!


Love Hermana Egbert

The orphanage


Hermana Hill and I making cookies on Christmas




Christmas dinner


A christmas concert at city hall in Panguipulli


Here is a video of a member named David. He is amazing. When He was born he had a brain stroke and could not move his body but over the years has slowly learned to moved some fingers and the upper half of his body. He is so happy!!!! Really just such a great example of overcoming challenges and staying positive.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images