When a cold wind blows....

11:48 AM

August 14, 2017

So this week!

Woo! It was really cold! The wind was so strong! I was standing on the side of the road and the wind pushed me so hard my comp had to grab to hold my backpack to keep me from going to be blown into traffic. You might be laughing right now. Thats okay we laugh about it all the time. 

Wow! I love this area. So many good things are happening. Lots of working with Less active members and helping them get involved in the missionary work! Its so fun. Missionary work is a lot more than teaching investigators ( it is a whole bunch of that) but mostly it is about building up wherever you are. It could be investigators, less actives, members, and even your companion. Its just about making things a little bit better than when you found it.

My companion and I have been trying to get creative with contacting because I have about had it with  " Podemos regalarle una tarjeta?" Can we give you a card? 
So we are going at it a few different aproaches. One is the question game. Who can think of the best question to ask in a contact. Offering service as the first way to contact them and others. We made a goal to talk with 15 people in one hour. We did it and it actually wasnt very successful. We talked to the people but they werent that interested. Then we decided for the next hour we would walk slow and only contact those we felt we should contact. Only 3 people but they were really great contacts. 
We asked ourselves "How would Jesus Christ do contacts" When we thought about it my companion said " He would contact to the one" or rather to the individual. 
It is so true. He would figure out their needs through listening to them and being very attentive. He would not talk to them for a number but rather because He knew they needed help. 
I have really been working on giving my all in whatever I am doing. If I am doing a contact, give all I have to the contact, listen to them and try to discern what Heavenly Father wants His child to know. If I am teaching, be completely in the lesson and focused on that person. Etc.For sure not easy but I am grateful for the oppurtunity to try. But it really has helped me to remember what this is all about.  

Well I love you all! Have a very good week! 
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images