The widows mite

11:49 AM

August 21, 2017

Hiii!


Wow what a week! It went by so fast. Time just keeps speeding up. Hermana West and I are both getting better at spanish and teaching which is good! 

So this week I think I have been thinking about how can we know when we are really giving everything to the Lord. Its a tough question at least for me. I saw a Bible video about the widows might and it touched my heart. 
Here it is in Mark 12:41-44
41 ¶ And Jesus sat over againsthe treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the   treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. 42 And there came certain poor widow, and   she threw in two miteswhicmake farthing.43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith  unto them, Verily say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:44 For all they did cast in of their abundancebut she oher want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. 
I loved this. She gave ALL that she had. The Lord did care so much what is was but more the fact that she of her "want" gave it all. It reminded me that the Lord is asking that we give it all back to Him no matter how much it is that we can give. He knows our hearts. I am learning this. We have been working with many members who are less active or inactive. The struggle many have is that they feel that too much was being asked of them and that they cant ever measure up to what God wants. As we taught those lessons I tried to look at them as God sees them. It was easy to feel so much love for them and know what Heavenly Father needed me to say to help them. I feel that as we were teaching I was learning things. A lot of times after lessons I write down thoughts that came out my mouth, companions or the inv mouth. When the spirit is present everyone can learn. 
Hermana Triviño is a woman who has been inactive for years. She has had many hard feelings against the church as well as doubts. We invited her to do as it says in Alma 32 and excersize faith and read the Book of Mormon. As she has been reading each day, her testimony is growing. She has been coming to church and is getting her life in order to go to the temple.
Hermana Claudia served a mission years ago but then after some poor decisions and hard life events, stopped going to church for about 15 years. We are now teaching her daughter Lisbeth. She has a baptismal date for 9th of September. And Claudia is taking the steps necessary to one day go back to the temple.
These are two stories that have just been amazing to see. Heavenly Father never forgets His children. He wants them back. I love this sector, my companion and the people. I feel very blessed and I am loving the work.
Love you all!
Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images