"Preach my gospel by the spirit"

11:50 AM

August 29, 2017

Hi!!!!

Woo! How is everyone!? I love that your summer is coming to an end while the long winter here in Punta Arenas is finally ending. 
This week was a proselyting week. Straight knocking doors and contacting in the streets. It was a really good week:) 
We have been working a ton on following the spirit when we recieve a prompting to contact someone. Sometimes we are bit late in reacting. Like we will be walking down the street and feel "contact that person" we keep walking a couple steps look at each other and turn around hoping we have enough time to still talk with them. We are getting better at acting on it quicker:)
So everyone knows what the book Preach my Gospel is right? So it comes from a scripture in D and C. the Full phrase is to "preach my gospel by the spirit". How incredible is that. And honestly how comforting. We are being invited and lovingly commanded to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ but we do not and should not do it alone. Missionary work is like a sales job until the spirit gets involved, then it is the lords work. If as missionaries we just go door to door hoping they let us in, we take a fifty fifty chance they will be kind and allow us to come in from the cold. However as the searching, teaching, and serving is done with the spirit than the work is so much more. I know that when the spirit is involved its more about Quality than Quantity. The person becomes important and I stop thinking about the numbers. 
Yesterday my companion and I were able to do a really fun contact. At about 9 at night a man and his wife were walking down the street towards us. I felt so strongly we needed to talk with them. So I just smiled big and Said "Hola! Como esta?" They were really friendly and they said "just so you know we are Adventistas" I felt to ask them about their beliefs so I honestly said "I know very little about your religion, what do you believe" He basically told me the entire plan of Salvation. After he sincerley asked what we believed. My companion and I were able to clearly give  a brief lesson about the Restoration. As I testified  that because God love us He called a prophet to restore His church upon the earth, I just knew that this was true. I pulled out a Book of Mormon and explained how this is the fruit of the Restoration. That because Gods loves us He has given us the exact way to return back to Him. My companion bore a simple yet powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. The man and his wife accepted to keep being taught by the missionaries and accepted a Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for moments like these when I am able to feel the Holy Ghost testify to me and to the people that the church is true. I am so grateful for these short 18 months to be involved in this work in this unique way. I know with all I am that God lives. God has a plan for each of us. We will pass through hard things but in the hard things we come to know personally of that love. There is power in the Book of Mormon. Read it every day it will help you be happy:) 
Thanks for everything! Sure love each of you!
Keep up the great work and Keep Smiling!!!
Love Hermana Egbert

Oh yeah I also ate Alpaca/llama this week. Sick. I felt bad since we had llamas growing up. Poor Margarita. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images