Sunrises, planning and patience

1:53 PM

Family and Friends! 

Woo! Another week has come and gone! 
Just a fun quick story to start out with.
Every morning we cheerfully(dont know how happy we are some mornings) get out of bed at 7am and do our excersizes. On Saturday while we were doing our exersizes in the house I looked out the window and saw that the sky was so pretty just pinks and oranges. I told my companion to grab the keys and that we were going to go outside to see the sunrise. We put on our nametags and ran down the street The sky was so so pretty, but we could only see a glimpse because all the buildings were in the way. So its 720 am we are outside in the cold and I am in my slippers still. I being the spontaneous person I am ( thats funny if you know me) talk my companion into running down to the ocean to see the sunrise. The only rules now with the new schedule is that you get up at 7 and do 30 minutes of excersize and be ready to plan by 9. So I figured why not. So we run 15 minutes to get to the ocean and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I will send pics but they dont do justice. I might have ruined my vision in watching the sunrise but it was worth it! We made it back in time and had a great rest of the day. 
I think the funnest thing about that was it was a split second decision but I will remember it forever! 
I thought of how it relates to the Gospel.
When we go to peoples homes with the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ I think for the people it is like a glimpse of a beautiful sunrise. They realize that we are teaching them something really special. As they recognize how incredible the message is and do the work (like us running to the ocean) they can eventually accept and be baptized and confirmed like seeing the beautiful sunrise! 
Its also cool to think that the sun goes down and comes up each day. So if Hermana West and I wanted to see the sunrise again we would need to run to the ocean to see it. That is like us as members partaking of the sacrament each week and renewing our baptismal covenants. It is just as incredible each week. 
The ability to renew our covenants each week is a testimony of Gods love for us. As we promise to take upon ourself the name of His son Jesus Christ he promises us that we will ALWAYS have His spirit to be with us. 
I am so grateful we have a Savior Jesus Christ. There is a quote that I love in PMG. It says that all that is unfair about life will be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
I promise that IT will just all work out. Everyones IT is different. But Jesus Christ knows exactly how to succor His people according to their needs. 
The work is progressing each day here and the investigators and so great!
I know this is true. Love you all so much!
Have a great week! Watch a sunrise! 
Love Hermana Egbert

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images